Prestige’s new seven-night Scottish fly-drive starts with a night in the capital of the Highlands, Inverness, with the option to enjoy a boat trip to see whales and dolphins on the Moray Firth.
The self-drive breaks then heads to the Cairngorms (on many a traveller’s bucket list thanks to BBC Two’s Springwatch) for a three night stay at the famous Grant Arms Hotel. Also, known as “The Wildlife Hotel” due to its evening talks about all things wildlife, it offers the perfect base for discovering the attractions of the UK’s largest National Park from castles to cycling and hiking routes, birds of prey, Scottish wildcats and more.
Then there’s a scenic drive to Fort William’s The Moorings Hotel on the banks of the Caledonian Canal for a three night stay. Here travellers can tick off a few more bucket list experiences including climbing Ben Nevis, spotting Scotland’s big five (golden eagle, red deer, red squirrel, harbour seal and otter) or hitting the rails for the 84 mile round trip on the “Harry Potter” Jacobite Steam Train, this crosses the iconic 21 arched Glenfinnan Viaduct, made famous in the films. Alternatively, travellers can drive the iconic and beautiful “Road to the Isles” between Fort William and Mallaig.
Finally, on the short drive back to Inverness stop off for some Nessie spotting in Loch Ness, one of the largest and deepest expanses of water in the UK.
Prestige Holidays’ seven night “bucket list” fly drive starts from £949 per person
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Inverness with British Airways
- One night at the Best Western Palace Hotel and Spa in Inverness including daily breakfast
- Three nights at the Grant Arms Hotel in the Cairgorms including half-board
- Three nights at the Moorings Hotel near Fort William including daily breakfast
- Car hire for the duration from Inverness Airport
- Price is valid for selected departures in October 2020 and April 2021, subject to availability
- Regional flight and travel options may be available please ask for details
For more details or to book give one of our specialist travel consultants a call on 01425 480600